Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"So, how do you know when you've become a grown up?" and I almost answer, "when you realize you only get to make the important choices once, but you still say you'd never change a thing, if they ask if you've got any regrets, even though it still ripps you up inside whenever you let yourself remember the stupid and mean things you know you've done, especially that have hurt other people, and now that you're an adult, you stop doing those things that make you look back and realize, I have absolutely no idea what I could have been thinking when I did that, because now there is nothing left that I could possibly do to make restitution."
So, how do you know when you've become a grown up?
"Sometimes, I think you just never know."

blog comments powered by Disqus

Followers