Thursday, June 12, 2008

Spanglish

I recently came across a tool that I was previously unaware of.
I wouldn't be surprised if I'm not the first person to mention it here.
It is a part of Macintosh's Spelling and Grammar function.

There is a new function that should have been shouted from the rooftops, that is already built-in to the OSX Leopard Spelling and Grammar system.
It is the Multilingual option, and it automatically sense what language you are using,, and provides feedback (red squigglies) accordingly.
It is a joy to use, and works in-line with any standard test-field in the whole system, including Mail, Safari, etc.

**When you are typing text in Safari (or where-ever) right-click (ctrl-click) to get the contextual menu to pop, select Spelling and Grammar -> Show Spelling and Grammar. Then, from the pull-down options, select the Multilingual option.**

It's like butter.

Oh, and Firefox 3 is pretty fast, and doesn't slow the rest of my system down. I like the select text, and automatically open a new tab with google search results (probably not new.) and the animated favicon icons in the tabs, (also not new.)

0 comments:

Followers